please send this to all harry potter fans to enlighten them
I think the worst part of this is the fact it’s written in comic sans
oh good god
I don’t normally go on a rant about these things (even though I do like Harry Potter better), but let me just correct all of the things that you’ve gotten wrong here, dear. And then you can tell me that Twilight is better. I really don’t care which one you prefer, but you should get your facts straight. Let me help you with that.
1. It’s a travelling trunk. Not a pirate’s treasure chest. If you actually read the series, you would know the significance in that. And Twilight can be modern all it wants. Harry Potter takes place in the 90’s. This doesn’t make either of them better or worse than the other, these are just facts.
2. This just doesn’t make any sense since Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (the THIRD book in the series, and the one introducing Sirius Black) was published on September 8th, 1999 and Twilight (the FIRST book of the Twilight Saga) was published on October 5th, 2005. So IF there is name copying/stealing (which I highly doubt) it would be on Stephanie Meyer’s part, not J.K. Rowling’s. Also, just because his last name is Black, that doesn’t mean HE is black. Also, Jacob Black isn’t black either. Not to mention the fact that the authors don’t cast the movie’s actors.
3. The “P” in “Potter is supposed to resemble a lightning bolt (the same shape of the scar on Harry’s forehead from his attempted murder at a year old).
4. There are SO many things wrong with this. You’re definitions of “twilight”, “good”, and “pure” are completely wrong, and the title (nor the rest of the book) has anything to do with Jesus or God. Harry is a popular name, and is in no way related to the word “hairy”, which is also not synonymous with “bad hygiene”. The surname “Potter” derives from people who were potters for a living. This means making things out of clay. Not smoking weed. And just because your cousin likes Harry Potter and had a bong in her room doesn’t mean she had the bong because of Harry Potter. There are also people who like to own bongs because of the way they look instead of using them to smoke weed. (Whether this is the case for your cousin or not doesn’t really matter, though, since it still doesn’t have anything to do with Harry Potter.) So this “proof” is inconclusive.
5. No one is flawless and you’re grammar isn’t perfect. Oh, and that picture that you have of J.K. Rowling? That’s not J.K. Rowling! It’s Jennifer Anniston! And the J.K. stands for Joann Kathleen, which are her first and middle names.
I’m not going to tell you that one is better than the other, because it’s an opinion. But if you are going to argue for or against something, please get your facts right before posting them online where the whole world can see them.